(updated Nov. 24, 2020)
- We are open during COVID-19. Please keep your distance and wait in the car for your turn, if there is another customer.
- This web page is being kept current. Please check in regularly and sign up to our mailing list for priority announcements.
- EGGS are self serve at the house. $7.00 per carton. We have eggs all winter. Best time to get them is in the afternoon after 2pm. Most of our eggs are not fertilized as we don't have many roosters. Please do not try to hatch chickens from our eggs, you would be disappointed.
- BEEF (grass fed and grass finished) SOLD OUT until middle of December 2020. Sign up for the newsletter for preannouncements. We are not selling 1/4, 1/2 or a whole cow. We want to make sure everyone has a chance to try our meat.
- CHICKENS (free-range). SOLD OUT until summer 2021. No live chickens for sale.
- TURKEYS - preorder for Christmas now! $20 deposit required. Click "Contact Us" on the top menu and we'll tell you how to order.
- HONEY is not pasteurized. Packaged in 250mL jars. It may crystallize, which is natural - Place in warm water to liquefy.
What we DO NOT RAISE, SELL, or PRODUCE
(Please read this section first and check out our FAQ page to spare you a disappointing phone call or email. We're sorry, Google lists us in error for almost every product.)
- No Live Chickens for sale (no day old chicks, nor do we sell adult hens), No Goats, No Lamb, No Sheep, No Veal, No Pork, No Ducks, No Geese, No Milk, No Cheese. Therefore we don't have duck eggs, goose eggs, or turkey eggs. We don't have blue eggs from Araucana hens.
- No individual chicken or turkey parts - no thighs, no breasts, etc. No sausages, no meat pies. We are NOT A BUTCHER STORE.
- No Regular Hours. We are a working farm, not a retail store. And please don't call us late at night. We need to sleep sometimes. We are not 24/7 online business.
- No Children's entertainment, No hay rides, No Picnic area, No public washrooms, etc.
We Produce Grass-Fed Beef and FREE-Range Eggs ... All Year Round.
- Locally Grown on our Family Farm in Vandorf
- Naturally Raised in a SMALL Herd or Flock
- No Mass Production
- FREE-RANGE means: The animals are spending most days outdoors with lots of space
- No Chemicals, No Hormones, No Antibiotics
- Calves nurse on mother cows
- Meat is provincially inspected
- EGGS DAILY FRESH - Self Serve at Farm during daylight hours
- No beef order too Small - buy individual steaks/roasts
Diversity Farms, 2572 Vandorf Road, Stouffville, ON, Canada. 905-751-1323
Hours: We're a farm and live and work the
farm here. We're not a retail store with sales staff. Eggs are best picked up in the afternoon, catch us by chance or call ahead... Chances
are good we'll be here.
One Block North of Bloomington Ave. between Warden and Woodbine. For a map click here.
What shall you do if there are no eggs
I can understand your dilemma. We are a small farm who started just selling to our immediate neighbors. Our number of eggs is limited to less than 100 per day - that's 8 dozen or so. Because of Google we seem to be visible to everyone in Toronto, I have even people coming to us from Mississauga and downtown. Some people, especially those who come from far, then want to buy 10 dozen eggs... and leave disappointed. Getting more chickens and starting a large scale egg production defeats what we are doing. The large guys then sell in the grocery stores with eggs that were graded and licensed by the egg marketing board. There is huge bureaucracy in mass production and the freshness of the eggs, the environment and the chickens suffer. I'm sure you have checked it out on the internet. Doing it small scale, like we do is work without profit (Can't hire a sales person at $14 per hour to sell $50 of eggs in 12 hours). That's why we do the honor system. We have seen many people start up doing what we do, but after they did it for a number of seasons, they give up. It costs time, cleaning out the barns is not fun, coyotes, hawks, foxes, eat your chickens, you have to be there every day... forget about a trip to a cottage on the weekend etc. Our farming model is not easily repeated and we do it only because we feel we improve our world and our neighborhood by doing what we do. We are happy when we see the smiles in the childrens' face and their parents telling us they would never buy eggs from the grocery store again... but sorry, you'd go hungry, you'll need to buy grocery store eggs at least from time to time. Sometimes clients want to reserve, make a special deal with us etc. That would be excluding other people. That's not diversified, not inclusive, not democratic. That's why we operate by the first-come-first-serve principle. You need luck and I tell people from Mississauga to buy from a local store. Don't drive one hour to live "natural". What can you do to increase your chances to get eggs?Come when it's convenient and when you are already in the area. Your luck will be greater on bad weather days in the middle of the week, when nobody comes out for a "drive".
We have only a small herd of cattle. They graze outdoors all year round.
FREE-Range Turkeys and Chickens produce a firmer and darker meat. We never use hormones, antibiotics or anything unnatural. Turkeys are fresh for Christmas, currently we have none for Thanksgiving.
Our Chickens and Turkeys are FREE-Range. They have access to go outdoors any time of the year.